Sunday, March 22, 2009

Samson and Delilah

bad hair day in the office

Samson, as we knew from Literature Form 1, drew strength from his hair. As a typical man in the street, he also had weaknesses. His was budding, intimate affair with Delilah, a voluptuous Angelina Jolie lookalike. That was told by my teacher, one 'Mat Salleh" whose name escaped my brain and we accepted his story at face value. Forgivable, I guess. That was more than 20 years ago.

So Delilah said to Samson, "Tell me the secret of your great strength and how you can be tied up and subdued."
"No razor has ever been used on my head," he said. If my head were shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as any other man."

Samson fell for her tricks and while in the act, Delilah cut his hair and Samson was subdued, caught and killed. Cunning plot.

That's how the story goes.

So what's their connection with Liverpool? Nothing really.

In the absence of Alonso last week, Lucas, my 'favourite" player was fielded in his place alongside Monster Masch. Generally he did okay except for several brushes of wayward passes, half hearted challenges. You know the typical Lucas.

The question is how on earth can Lucas plays so well?

a. Overrated Man U made him look good
b. Luck played a part in making him look good
c. Masch bailed him out on many occasions
d. None of the above

And the answer is........

None of the above. What? Why?

Let me tell the secret. He cut his hair recently and disposed those black hair bands.
And that made him good. Totally the opposite of Samson.

His Delilah? Do not care one bit.

1 comment:

Khan said...

Hehe Maybe he took some of the Tonik la..

I bet you have heard the good news tonight. Haha! How I love to watch the scums crumble!

YNWA