Sunday, March 1, 2009

Borrowed Time


I sympathize with my friends who are still believing that Liverpool are able to steal the thunder from MU at the very last corner. That was before Boro game though. I wonder if they're still believing the dream now.
See....I admire their courage but I still think it is beyond Liverpool this season. Infact, I unwillingly threw the white towel many weeks ago and as it happened, the Boro defeat did not disappoint me that much as before.
I have resigned to the fact that it will not be our year albeit the fanfare and happiness the team brought to us earlier in the season.

Boro aside, Rafa still yet to sign the new contract and Rick Parry who doesn't know how to market Liverpool beyond UK is going to step down finally. No news about possible takeover from the Yanks. I do hope a knight in a shining armour will rescue Liverpool and pour in much needed money. Yes, money...lots of it.
You don't win titles these days with mediocre players like Kuyt, Babel, Lucas and others who repeatedly failed us this season with inconsistencies.
You need more world class players similar to Gerrard and Torres stature to compete with Chelsea, MU and Arsenal. What we don't need is the above players who failed to shine when given chances when these 2 are injured.

To buy more players, we need money and unless the Yanks are booted out, we'll have the same problem though Rafa did his best with his set of limited players who have limited skills also.

Lets concentrate on Champions League. EPL is beyond us!

2 comments:

Khan said...

It is going to be a very long period for us until May. Indeed we need another revolution before next season starts.

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

No. I still adamant and a true believer. You have distorted every other people's believe. hahaha