Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fight Club

How the game was won

I did not get to watch the Pompey game. Was away on official duties north of the border and was hoping that TV station will beam the game live. Freakin' mad. There was none but they carry a delayed Everton's game. Yes, I was mad. I've waited wearily only to be denied my dose of football.

Guess I was lucky not to have watched Babel missed an open goal. I've always consistent in describing him as not having a certain class to play for Liverpool or EPL generally.
I'm sticking to my judgment. Looks I'm not far from the truth.

In a way, Rafa was lucky. He fielded a strong squad minus Lucas to face Everton and lost in extra time and with tired players, he gambled with second stringers for Pompey. Had we lost, the gamble could have backfired dearly. 2 losses in a week? Dumped out of FA Cup and losing further ground on MU?
That would be kissing goodbye to the season bar Champions League.

Luckily, Torres saved Rafa and us. Yes, we are still in with a fighting chance.

And Babel? Choose your word carefully.

5 comments:

Khan said...

Babel's miss was similar to some of 20m Keane's misses. I am not mad at Babel's miss but the way he tries to dribble the ball through everybody into the goal la. Maybe he thinks he is always the ayam tambatan for us. That is one side of his game Rafa could do something about.

As for your missing the game, if you have high speed broadband in places you go to, you could catch the games live on the internet hehe

Khan said...

Great! :-D

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/168650/Top-ref-Steve-Bennett-reveals-Premier-League-stars-cheat-fans-by-getting-booked-deliberately-to-skive-off-games.html

kajang-today said...

khan,
didnt bring my laptop either!

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

rugi... rugi... must be a very special official business at the northern border? Damned.... lotssa ``fish to look in the aquarium'' hahahaha.... and that is way way better than watching football? hahahah

kajang-today said...

joe,
wanna go together?
lots of fish.