Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baggies Bagged

Another monkey off my back!

I must commend West Brom. They did not come to Anfield to park a bus. How refreshing for a team languishing at the bottom of the table just above Spurs to come to Anfield to play some football. For that alone, they must commended for their part.

As for me, I've found my solace. A big quantum of solace. The team showed a big character to bounce from Spurs' heartache. Though the win cannot be categorised as big as Chelsea's effort, satisfying it was. The pace was not high, understandable after Tico's exertion in midweek.

I was predicting a 3-0 scoreline and Keane to open his account , yet again I was right.
His goals were sublime. A huge monkey off his back. I've never doubted his ability, guess he was trying too hard to score before tonight. Sometimes he was fielded as a lone striker, a task not suitable for his style of play. He is most deadly in a pair, 4-4-2 formation. Expect more goals from him now that the floodgates had been prised open.

Torres did get some actions towards the end. Hope Rafa will field him in Carling Cup against of all team, Spurs again for him to regain match fitness.
How sweet revenge it would be if we can stuff the boys in white. That defeat still lingers painfully.

Ohh I forgot...Arbeloa's stupendous curler. A collectors item.

1 comment:

Khan said...

very important win. More important for Keane. After the two goals, he was stupendous!